About Me

My photo
Malang, East Java, Indonesia
love listening to music every morning, reading some books,articles (when having enough time) and watching movies.Enjoy writing short stories, novels, with a cup of cappucino and chocolate. Love the beach very much.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Old Friends

Hesti, I need your number, I’m in Indonesia now
I stare at my computer screen, when I found the message in my inbox. Then I replied soon, suddenly the memories of him come around. I just realize I didn’t meet him after graduation day in 2008, so it’s 5 years we didnn’t know each other. Finally we arrange to meet in Tuesday Sep 25th 2012, I ask him comes to Malang, just because I can’t went to other town this week.

I just wait him in my office. He promised me to come. And after 2 hours, he told me that he already in front of my office. . He really looks different than 5 years ago when we were still in University. I like his style.

The point of our meeting last day is, he want to shared his knowledge in Nursing, especially in Wound Care Management. According to him, the wound care process in hospital today was not perfect. That will be result on the patient condition, when the health professional doesn’t provide perfect services, the good condition of the patient will not rise up

I always said, try to think outside the box. And I found it in him. The environment bring him to though something likes he is outside in the situation, the environment among people overseas, I’m sure they shared the knowledge, culture and anything else. Maybe of this, he want to change the knowledge of the wound care in  Surgical Ward Nurses mind.

Let make the workshop for surgical nurses in Malang, we need to make then know about this Hesti”, I just look at him curiously.
We are agent of change, I will make the proposal, and the EO just you and me……”,
What….?”, this is absolutely wrong with him.
But finally, he really open my mind to made something new, something fresh for nurses in Malang. Then I said, “OK, I will try….!”

In spite of he lives in other country at this time, he never changes his style to moving forward. I knew him since 7 years ago. When we were University student. We always tried all the chances in front of us. IJEPA, Kuwait Ministry Of Health, Home Care Nurse, ENCLEX. No matter about the result, the important thing  was, we were trying, by tried, we learn and we prepared everything. And he always spoke in positive sentences,
Yes we can do that, absolutely we can!”, the way he talked, the way he motivated all of my  friends, it’s still the same.
It just like 5 years ago, when we all in the street from The National Board for the Development and Empowerment of Health Human Resources Jln. Fatmawati Jakarta Selatan. It was 07.00 pm, we all was waiting for public transport for back home, and we just desperated about our requirement documents. I just said, “Look at we, still like this, would we success someday ???  Having our own car, not waiting for public transport like this anymore”
Yes we can do that, absolutely we can..!!”.
Yup he really prove it, he came to my university by car, he sitting next to his driver. Hmmm I know, he got successful in his carrier. Having much money, travel a lot. Mecca for Umroh, Kuala Lumpur for International Seminar, Bali for vacation.
Comparing with me, that’s totally different, I still stay here, Indonesia. Trying hard to reach my dreams here, but everything is possible. I decided to dedicated my self in my country (I know my all friends too) buut the way we took was different. So that’s why we need to share. And  I love it.

Hmmm…at least I meet the one of my friends who spent their nursing carrier overseas. But one thing that always make me proud of them, they never forget to think the way to encourage nurses in Indonesia to be the real professional nurse who recognize by other countries in this world. They just want to make the good rules for Indonesian nurse.
Like what my friend do today, he talk to me about a big plan for our community. I pretty sure, and I wish they really wanna make a change.

Yup, the all are my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment